[pct-l] Sandals on the Trail

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Aug 29 10:31:07 CDT 2006

I have hiked in sandals a  lot.  You can SuperGoo SuperFeet inserts onto the
sandal foot bed.   This gives you a much better ride down the trail.

I also use SuperGoo on the soles  where they wear more.  There are several
good hiking sandals with the  toe guard.  Keen brand is a good one.  The toe
guard is nice to  protect your toes as you bang along the trail.

You must use something like Bag  Balm on your feet each morning and evening
to keep them from cracking.   This is a real issue when using sandals for
hiking.  Especially on the  heels.  You might put an application on the heels mid
day too.

I use a medium sock and a thin sock  when hiking in sandals.  The problem is
keeping your feet clean.  Plan  to wash your feet each evening before your
application of Bag Balm.  If you  were really professional, you would wash your
feet mid day too when you put  another application of Bag Balm on.

Cheers, Switchback
Class of  2013