[pct-l] Public Notice

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Fri Aug 25 18:37:41 CDT 2006

I've read all your previous posts about hiking Whitney with much
enthusiasm, and assumed you were over exaggerating the effort
involved but I liked your style. My dad was in America last week and
I knew he'd be heading into the sierras for some hiking and taking my
GPS logger with him, but he hadn't said where. When he returned and I
pulled the track out and onto Google Earth I was shocked to see that
he'd done Mt. Whitney. He described in in detail and took photos
along the way that are now geo-coded and show the entire route. I'm
very proud that my dad did it, the pain was visible in his face in
the last photo but he did it all, and I now have a much greater
appreciation of what is involved. So I salute you brave traveller and
look forward to your post-expedition debrief.

~Craig