[pct-l] Do you really not want to hear?

Mike Saenz msaenz at mve-architects.com
Fri Aug 25 13:36:39 CDT 2006

I carry an MP3/FM player! I love it! Especially when I can get a good
news/talk program while I'm knocking out 20 mile days.
It was cool to get great reception along The Desert Divide. The day I
did Fobes to Saddle J, a really good program was on about illegal
immigrants and the Minutemen movement along the border in East San
Diego! They even included a few conversations with people at the PCT
Southern Terminus! It was cool listening to this while I was hiking the
PCT.

I LOVE the sounds of nature! I also LOVE old bootleg unreleased Led
Zeppelin tunes! I can listen to news/talk radio for hours on end (I do
each day while driving back and forth to work).
So why deprive myself form the things I love while hiking?

I've listened to baseball games while snug in my bag at night. I
listened to music while doing that descent from Fuller Ridge and blew
right by that spot everyone was reporting rattlesnakes last May (I
must've thought that sound was Robert Plant shaking his tambourine on
some really good drugs).

Yeah, I listen to music while hiking! Do I care what others opinions are
on this? Heck no. I'm hiking my OWN hike!

Michael Saenz ,  Associate Partner
McLarand    Vasquez    Emsiek   &   Partners,   Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e  |  P l a n n i n g  |  I n t e r i o r s
MVE          MVE    Institutional         MVE    S t u d i o
w  w  w   .   m  v  e   -   a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s   .   c  o m