[pct-l] 200 new miles

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Wed Aug 23 17:59:36 CDT 2006

I head out tomorrow to drive to Wenatchee and tie in with Monte Dodge. Then
we head out at Stevens Pass to hike south on the PCT, and Monte will then
head back home after a day or two. I hope to meet many of this year's class
of northbound thruhikers nearing completion of their long trail adventure. I
will end my short 2week hike after the Goat Rocks, and this will be all new
200 miles on the PCT for me. I've never hiked in Washington before, and it's
been exciting planning and anticipating this adventure all year. It's short
mileage by many hiker's standards, but it'll be a grand adventure for me.  I
hope to see some incredible scenery, flaming sunsets and sunrises, and
capture a few on (pixels) to share with the group. Good hiking to all.