[pct-l] Cracked feet Question

AKelday at aol.com AKelday at aol.com
Wed Aug 23 17:04:05 CDT 2006

I've found that heel cracks are a result of thick calluses, and uneven
moisture content around the heel.  A sandal, where the sole has high  humidity due
to the sweaty plastic, and the perimeter is exposed to low humidity  of summer
days, plus the flexing of the foot is what gets my heel cracks  started.  I
agree with L-Rod about keeping the callus smoothed down, then  the callus will
be less rigid.  I have some friends who never wear shoes at  all, in Arizona!,
have serious calluses but never any heel cracks because the  skins stays
evenly dry.

AT