[pct-l] in the sun / Electrolyte Imbalance

Brett blisterfree at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 16:04:14 CDT 2006

Did standing directly in the sun (presumably on a warm day
of extended walking, per PCT standards) ever make sense?
What principle of human physiology would ever have
recommended it?

Some still adhere to the notion that breaking too long in
the middle of exercise makes it hard to "get going again."
But if the full-sun rest break was perhaps intended as a
hardening mechanism, then I find an error in logic. Just
keeping walking.

Probably an editorial gaff. Weren't most capable folks
serving the war effort at the time?

- blisterfree

>>Those on this list realize standing in the sun and not
>>drinking the proper amount of water will create problems.
>>I for one enjoy finding out the old beliefs.  Sometimes
>>they really do work.

Simblissity Ultralight :: One-of-a-Kind Designs for the
Great Outdoors
www.simblissity.net