[pct-l] plantar fasciitis

Freiman, Paul pfreiman at ucsd.edu
Sun Aug 20 23:02:34 CDT 2006

http://www.hapad.com/comfsport.shtml

I flamed out on my recent Oregon hike.  Only got in 100 miles before my back caused me tremendous pain and I quit.  At the same time my back was killing me I drank unfiltered water and got 5 days of the runs.  I was wearing nothing on my feet for 5-7 days and the day I went to the ER for some Cipro I got a bad cause of plantar fasciitis (pf).  Here is what I did.

My insoles are from Hapad and are meant to prevent pf.  Therefore, I wore my New Balance shoes for three nights and days and the pf is almost gone.

My car was being worked on when I left and it still took 5 days after I returned.  As soon as I got the car back my wife's car died.  So now I'm still stuck at home.  I'm still taking a whole month off though.  Nothing is ruining that part of the vacation!
Capt Bivy