[pct-l] Supported Hiking Expeditions

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Aug 20 04:14:22 CDT 2006

_reinholdmetzger at cox.net_ (mailto:reinholdmetzger at cox.net)   writes:

Don't  forget the runway black lingerie & Go Go girls at every road  crossing
to get everybody in the right mood for the next days ordeal like  we planed
for the kick-off before the big boys nixed the  idea.
-------------------------------------
Unfortunately, I am past the age of  enlightenment.  I only have enough
energy to drive to the trailhead to look  around and then drive back to the
trailtown for a good meal and the hot  tube.  Just thinking about extra curricula
activities makes me tired and  needing a nap for recovery.

Speaking of hiking.  I just finished my new super light shelter  system.  I
made a see-through rainfly for my REI Bug Hut shelter out of  polycro material
from GossamerGear.com.  The rainfly weighs under 7  ounces with two titanium
stakes and two metal clips.  The Bug Hut weighs 18  ounces with two titanium
stakes.  Not bad for a freestanding shelter with  360 degree views in the rain
at 25 ounces.

My spinnaker ground  cloth weighs around 2 ounces with 4 titanium stakes.
This holds down  my two super light foam pads for sleeping.  Not bad at all.
Nice and  comfortable.  A good night's rest with star gazing.

Of course, I am not sure about the condensation and asphyxiation  issues.
Heh, heh, heh.

Switchback the Trail  Pirate