[pct-l] The MONK

Marge Prothman marge at prothman.org
Fri Aug 18 08:03:51 CDT 2006

For those of you who are interested in the progress of Fr. Andrew
Baumgartner, the MONK is now home at the Monastery in Jerome Idaho.  He was
told that one of his confers (another old Monk) was serious ill and not
expected to live, so it was his decision to go home for awhile. He had
picked up his resupply at the Youth Ranch in Oregon and was ready to hike on
when he got the news. He has been home for about three days now.

I was at the Monastery yesterday and we talked for hours (I call it his
physiological debriefing) which only a thru hiker would understand. He is
prepared to go back out and  do the balance of Oregon and Washington before
October 15th.  I guess now it all depends on what fires occur in the next
few weeks.  What a devastating year it has been for the thrus,
Snow/Water/Fires/Mosquitoes/etc.

Cheers,

Marge (the old gal)