[pct-l] River Crossing Advise

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Aug 17 21:30:29 CDT 2006

During snow melt in  the Sierras, three male PCT thru hikers unexpectedly
came upon a  large
raging, violent river.  They needed to get to the other side, but  had no
idea of how to do so.

The first man prayed to God, saying, "Please  God, give me the strength to
cross this river."

Poof!  God gave him big arms and strong legs,  and he was able to swim across
the river in about two hours after almost  drowning a couple of times.

Seeing this, the second man prayed to God,  saying, "Please God, give me the
strength and the tools to cross this  river."

Poof!  God gave him  big arms and strong legs and a rowboat and he was able
to row across the river  in about an hour, after almost capsizing the boat a
couple of times.

The  third man had seen how this worked out for the other two, so he also
prayed to  God saying, "Please God, give me the strength and the tools ... and
the  intelligence to cross this river."

And God turned him into a woman.  She looked at the map, hiked upstream a
couple of hundred yards, then walked across the bridge.
Ha, ha, ha, ha,  ha.
Another Classic Trail  Humor From the Trail Pirate