[pct-l] Crater Lake Trail Closures

JoPH joph at piedmontbsa.org
Mon Aug 14 12:38:22 CDT 2006

My husband and I just completed the Seiad Valley to Cascade Crest
section--came out on Saturday. I don't know if this was answered for you,
but the Equestrian section of the Crater Lake section of the trail only was
closed. Since most hikers take the hiker route along the rim, this should
not affect your friend. We talked to a firemen and he said they plan to let
the fire burn out on its own. It's quite small now and from what we can see,
recent rain has helped.

BTW Marble Mountains are still officially closed but the rain there has
helped too. Visibility also much improved.

We had a wonderful 8 days on the trail-- complete with a couple of glorious
thunder and lightening storms and hail, which mostly mollified the fires but
set a few new ones, I heard!

Jo and Kerry

Message: 5