[pct-l] PCT WA detour

Brad Evergreen bradevergreendvm at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 21:41:05 CDT 2006

I was hiking a loop in the Alpine lake wilderness (between Snoqualmie and Stevens Pass) the past few days and came across a detour sign that said there would be a detour on the PCT from Aug 14th to ??24th?  The detour is around Waptus Lake for bridge repair.  In case anyone needed to know.  The PCT is clear from their north to Stevens Pass.  USFS just redid all the ditches and brush.

Hiker97 at aol.com wrote:
Trail Dust was driving her 7 year-old PCT hiker in-training daughter to her
friend's house to play setting up camp. All at once in the SUV the little
girl asks, "Mommy,"How old are you?"
"Honey, you are not supposed to ask a lady her age," the mother replies swe
etly. "It's not polite." "OK", the little girl says, "How much do you weigh?"

"Now really," the mother says, a bit less sweetly. "Those are personal
questions and are really none of your business." Undaunted, the little girl
asks, "Why did you and Daddy get a divorce?"
"That's enough questions, young lady, honestly!" mom says as her daughter is
getting out of the car. The exasperated mother drives away as the 2 friends
begin to play setting up camp.
"My Mom won't tell me anything about her," the little girl says to her
want-a-be trail partner friend. "Well," says the friend, "all you need to do is
look at her drivers license. It's like a report card, it has everything on
it."
Later that night the little girl says to her mother, "I know how old you
are, you are 32." The mother is surprised & asks, "How did you find that out?"
"I also know that you weigh 120 pounds." The mother is past surprised and
shocked now. "How in heaven's name did you find that out?"
"And," the little girl says triumphantly, "I know why you & my dad, Grizzly,
got a divorce." Now her mom is getting mad. She says, "Oh really? And
just why is that, young lady?"
"Because you got an F in sex."
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Another classic by your hiking buddy, Switchback
----Trail Pirate and Buccaneer

unsubscribe or change options: