[pct-l] Ashland area buses

jon jon at kenneke.com
Thu Aug 10 19:25:58 CDT 2006

Yup. The "Grey Dog" *used* to stop in Ashland (and many other places).
But, due to our "I'm gonna drive my big-ass SUV" culture, decent
medium- to long- distance public tranportation (PT) in rural(ish) areas
has all but disappeared. Not to get into politics, but not only do I
complain about this to you all, but I send letters to our government, and
avoid purchases from companies that do not support PT. (Avoiding GM would
come to mind foremost). Again, instead of complain, do something!

Amtrak actually ran a test train in '99 to Medford/Ashland. Google will
give you more details.

Jon