[pct-l] Russell Creek/Goat Rocks

Jane runkitty at pacinfo.com
Thu Aug 3 22:03:36 CDT 2006

I will never forget Russell Creek or Goat Rocks,either.  Getting across Russell Creek was most unnerving, and I thought that narrow ridge along Goat Rocks would never end (up and over, up and over, up and over, etc.).  The views were fabulous, though!

T.O.B.

Gutsy started hiking north from Willamette Pass in mid-July, and reported that Russell Creek, in the vicinity of Mt. Jefferson, was a difficult crossing on or about July 22.  It was SO GOOD to hear from her today.  She just completed the Goat Rocks Wilderness stretch.  I was concerned because I know she's not comfortable with that type of terrain.