[pct-l] PCT section hike, OR

danandgailsc at aol.com danandgailsc at aol.com
Thu Aug 3 21:23:12 CDT 2006

Gutsy started hiking north from Willamette Pass in mid-July, and reported that Russell Creek, in the vicinity of Mt. Jefferson, was a difficult crossing on or about July 22.  It was SO GOOD to hear from her today.  She just completed the Goat Rocks Wilderness stretch.  I was concerned because I know she's not comfortable with that type of terrain.

She was ahead of the fires in the Sisters area, but fires are a concern now.  There has been very little snow on the trail.

Gutsy's Dan

Oregon.  I am just wondering if anyone has currrent
info on the following three concerns:

fires/trail closures,

stream crossings and