[pct-l] PCT and the World - choose hiking over wirk

Dust dustpct at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 1 19:19:40 CDT 2006

http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/060801_work_regret.html

No Regrets: Pick Play Over Work

By Robin Lloyd
Special to LiveScience
posted: 01 August 2006
09:45 am ET

        The older we get, the more we regret choosing virtue over vice, new research shows.

 Everyone is familiar with the flip-flop between guilt and regret when it comes to decisions between indulgence or keeping your nose to the grindstone. Ran Kivetz and Anat Keinan of Columbia University have now shown that the guilt that we often feel right after making "indulgent" choices flares up as quickly as it passes. However, regrets over missed opportunities for fun never fade. In fact, they increase over time.

 The upshot is that vices are regretted in the short-run, and virtues are regretted in the long-run.

goo ga <googoogeorgia at yahoo.com> wrote:

 I wish I'd spent more time at the office!

  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !

  Please God just give me three more days to increase this quarter's profit.

  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  !!!

  I don't want to die poor.

  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  !!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !

Nope, Switchback, you're priorities are straight! There is a simple test;
just go ask anyone in a rest home if they ever wished in retrosight that they
worked more and played or took time for enjoying life less!

Life is short!

Greg

In a message dated 7/27/2006 4:58:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,