Re: Oversight- Re: [pct-l] User Fees

R.J. Calliger (510.502.5552) wrote:

> Well in California we have two fees you apparrently do not have or you just
> forgot  list:
>
> 1- Lukewarm shower fee:  .25
> 2- Dirty and cracked poddy use fee: .10

Well I'd vowed to myself I wasn't going to get dragged into this discussion, but
yuh finally done it.

I had the pleasure of hiking some of section B with a fellow list member, and at
the beginning of the walk, I waxed eloquent concerning fees in general, and in
particular, the d**d Adventure Pass.  $5 bucks to walk in a National Forest per
day. <spit>.

Anyway, before I get to riled up, we had arrived at our trailhead, Humber Park
just above Idyllwild, when the member pointed out a whole row of brand new, shiny,
portable toilets complete with a sign, "Your Adventure Pass at Work".  I, in spite
of my negative attitude, decided to christen the one on the end, entered and
stepped up to the wall mounted urinal, and let fly.

I should have figured it out, as I stood there in an ever growing puddle of pee,
that $5 just isn't enough money for a Pass. Because obviously the connecting tube
'twixt the bowl and the tank was still out of the price range of the Forest
Service, and they had been forced to do without.

Jeff E