[pct-l] Camp Shoes

Mike wrote:

Can anyone recommend a light weight camp shoe. Something substantial enough
to ford a stream with -- which eliminates sandals as far as I'm concerned.

Mike L.

Mike, I used to carry sandals for camp shoes and fording. For the last 3 years I have switched to running shoes and find no need for anything else. The running shoes work well in snow, provide good protection when crossing streams, and are comfortable enough to wear without changing. In early summer in the Sierra they seldom dry completely due to frequent snowy passes and streams but my feet are warm enough and generally comfortable. I have gone to very thin CoolMax running socks and may try eliminating socks all together this summer.

Reader