[pct-l] Portland Ya!!! PCT Annual meeting

 Hey Ron, what are the times and place of the Jan. Portland meeting. I went
to the one in Seattle at space needle and had a good time ( and dinner ) Got
a free thermarest for being first thru-hiker there ( just beating out Steve
Queen) Stay away Doc. Shaffer or you will take away my title. I plan to make
the kick off party as well. ( down south ) Weight gain??? I 've gained and
lost so much weight I can't keep track. At 6' and 250 lbs, I have been
accused of starting small slides and eathquakes when hiking. Last year, I got
down to 230 for my Bob Marsahl hike and put in one 31 mile day with a 45lb
pack. ( Climbed Rainier at 230lb. and felt great. ) Don't get too upset if
you start out alittle heavy. Your body adjusts just fine!!!  ( though most
mummy bags and bivi tents are on the snug side for me ) So take the " George
Foreman " view and pass the chicken and ice cream. Even Everest Climbers show
up on the " Plump side " to climb as the weight comes off fast. Same as the
PCT. Most of my weight came off after the first month. Monte