Re: [pct-l] OLD Gals of the trail now

Greg Prothman wrote:

> Just a quick report on our hike on Section E and F  Agua
> Dulcie/Mojave/Walker Pass. We came of the trail at Walker Pass on Dec.
> 10th.  The weather from Mojave to Walker Pass was undoubtedly the worst
> winds I have ever been in.  the temps were from 18 degrees at night to
> about 40 degrees during the day, with winds blowing constantly.  I felt
> we were more in a survival mode.  We had the tarp tent, which only
> flattened on us once, and one end came down once.  We became very sharp
> at securing it and innovative.

There is a reason that the area east of Mojave has windmills and you found
out.  I when to High School in Mojave and that was 27 years ago and I sill will
not go into the High Desert in the winter  do to unstable weather. I was a boy
scout and camping / hiking in the wind/sand sucks.  In fact Mojave averages 360
days of wind.