Re: [pct-l] GoLite Pack question

I cannot comment on the GoLite pack. However, I thru-hiked the PCT last year
with a LWGear 1 pound pack which also didn't have a hip belt. When the pack
was full, my shoulders did take a beating. My initial solution was to wear a
fanny pack that the LWGear pack would rest upon, thus taking some weight
from my shoulders. But, I also found that when fording streams or making
difficult moves on snow, the pack would jump around on my back disturbing my
balance. I finally sewed on my own hip belt.

It wasn't a true hip belt, but rather a strap that went around my mid
section. It took some of the weight off of my shoulders and helped secure
the pack from flopping around.

Troubadour