[pct-l] Yosemite Plans

Hello All,

We have a winter/snow trip planned for Yosemite after Christmas,
the 26th-29th.  Anyone interested in joining? Full winter-gear
required as well as snow-shoes or ice-axe/crampon experience.
Temps will range from daytime highs of about 40 F to lows of
20-28 F at night.

I have backcountry permit for 6 and campground reservations at Upperpine
CG. There is room for 4 more ($2-3 each camp fee depending on #)

The trip itinerary is open for now; depending on storms and
snow depth, we may do day hikes from the valley and/or one
night bivy in Little Yosemite Valley in the "shadow" of Half Dome.

Other possibilies include a snow shoe/hike out to Glacier Point from
the road closure (Badger Pass I believe).

Think snow, as the jetstream has yet to put a significant snow
storm south of Highway 50; and what snow we have received has been
melting quickly.  Dodge Ridge, for example, inidcates it willprobably not
open yet.
However, Sonora pass is closed now 6.5 miles east of Strawberry,  instead
of Kennedy Meadows...so winter snow is coming, albeit slowly...

Rich Calliger