Re: [pct-l] I commend you all

Been that route last winter...beautiful isn't it? The winter is a different
world indeed,
as a lot of the traditional landmarks and trails are "gone" in the (deep) snow.

Congrats...I think that area was my first winter trip-- but it could have
been Sequoia
as they keep the road up there open in the winter (Mrt SIlliman, Alta Peak
area).

Maybe you could have gotten down to 35-40 lbs if you plan on using your
sleeping
bag as part of the camp "clothing" when you stop for the day instead of
carrying "extra" layers.  I "discovered" that eating and generally being around
my bivy wrapped in my sleeping bag save 3-4 lbs as I don't need the same
warmth/layers walking.

Rich