[pct-l] Trip report of new equipment up the Eagle Creek Trail.

!!!!!!! Caution !!!!!! Caution !!!!!!!! Caution !!!!!!! Caution !!!!!!!!
Caution !!!!!!!!

If you're one of those afflicted with lightweight hiking phobia, delete this
email now!

If you're afraid to leave home without half your house and a quarter of your
garage, stop now don't read further.

If you feel lightweight hiking ranks up there with the seven deadly sins,
proceed no further. Least you're tempted into the bowels of Hell!

!!!!!!! Caution !!!!!! Caution !!!!!!!! Caution !!!!!!! Caution !!!!!!!!
Caution !!!!!!!!

Last weekend I got finally put together the rest of my new gear and took off
for a hike to test my cold weather and rain gear. The new gear I tested was
the Feathered Friends new down bag with the Nextec Epic shell, a set of
Frogg Toggs raingear and my newly made tarp/tent. The tent is based in large
part on Henry Shires tarp/tent with a few personal modifications.

On my 25 mile hike, the weather did its best to co-operate. I had sunshine,
snow and lots of rain. Low temps dropped down into the upper 20's.

To read a detailed report check out the website
http://www.fallingwater.com/pct2000/eagle_hike.htm

Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
Fallingwater Journals - www.fallingwater.com
Pacific Crest Trail Assoc. - www.pcta.org
American Long Distance Hikers Association - West -
www.gorp.com/nonprof/aldhaw