[pct-l] Calif hiking and riding trail

 As some of you folks know, most of the PCT in California was made of other
pre-existings trails. Are any of the old Calif. riding and hiking trail signs
left on the Southern portion of the trail. In Washington, the PCT follows the
old Cascade Crest Trail route for most of it's way. I had the old Cascade
Crest guide book and took the old route whenever possible. ( It's fun working
on your route finding ) In Oregon the PCT follows the old Skyline Trail which
also offers you some challenging route finding in a few spots where the old
trail varies from the new PCT. Checkout old book stores for the 1960's
version of these routes. ( I have found hundreds of the old Diamond shape
trail markers on these old abandoned trails which have many blowdowns , but
are a real kick to hike and no crowds )