[pct-l] Re: Foreign visitors

> In addition we are getting down to the nitty gritty of entering your
country
> - - does anyone know of the most effective way of applying for a 6 month
> non-working Visa and what information is required to prove you are not
> sneaking into the US to seduce some fair damsel and get yourself a green
> card!?  >

Jamie,

and myself walked the PCT in 1998 and are UK/German citizens. We simply
applied to the US embassy in London for a 6 month visa. We received a
horrendous form quizzing us about whether we had a home/ work/ family to
come back to in the UK. I think we also had to pay a fee but i can't
remember how much. We answered the points as best we could and wrote to them
nicely, explaining about the PCT, with a map of the route and some pictures
of us on previous trips. A little time later we were mailed the visa's along
with a good luck note from one of the embassy staff ! So behind that
'hard-line' , official veneer in the embassy lurk some normal people!

Just make sure you stay within the 6 months time limit though- especially if
you want to go back to the states.

If you want to discuss any other issues regarding Brits on the PCT then why
not mail us on brianmartina@yahoo.com.

Greg Hummel gave us much valuable help for our journey for which we are very
grateful and I believe Greg is part of the ADZKOPTCT and also a regular
contributor to this list. He should be able to point you in the right
direction. Good luck on the trail and enjoy yourselves !

Brian