Re: [pct-l] ADZ (sp?) party questions

Karen,

ADZPCTKOP stands for Annual Day Zero PCT Kickoff Party.  Last year it was
held at Lake Morena campground, right on the trail, about 22 miles north of
the border to celebrate the start of the thruhiking season, get a bunch of
people together and coordinate those that support the water stashing around
and transportation logistics to the southern terminus.

It was a loosely organized, low key, fun time.  We intend to do the same this
(2000) year.  The date has been set for April 28-30.  The location will be
the same.  We are expecting a few more than we had last year (around twenty
hikers and around ten supporters).

It is a great way to get the jitters of starting shook off, get a good meal
and a beer or two and meet former thruhikers, section hikers, and current
hikers.

The organizers are a loose knit group that prefer to stay that way and
regularly participate in the list discussions.  All help is welcome and all
comers are welcome.

Best regards, and hope to see ya' all there!

Greg "Strider" Hummel