[pct-l] Retro Hike

Just scored a great old wooden " Fritsch " ice axe made in Sweden yesterday
when going with my wife to the craftmall. Paid 40 bucks , but it's beautiful.
I have a real fondness for old retro packs ( trapper nelsons and first
generation Keltys ) , stoves  and ice axes. My dream with the PCT is to do
another thru-hike using only pre-70's gear. No fleece, goretex or day-glow
this or that. Just wool and maybe a 60-40 cloth homemade one man tent. Saw a
good slide show by the guy who found Mallory's Body. Those climbers in the
20's and 30's were tough. P.S. Side trips are well worth the effort on your
thru-hike. Whether a side climb or side hike, they add flavor to your trip.
The hike will be over fast enough. Spend as much time as you can allow to see
all you can.