Re: [pct-l] Tent vs Bivy Sack

In a message dated 11/10/99 7:13:29 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
Bighummel@aol.com writes:

<< The Nomad, a quasi bivy / tarp looks like it could. >>

Much more like a tent than either a bivy or a tarp.  Roomy, durable, easy
pitch (2 or 3 stakes) and light at two pounds.  For me it worked wonderfully
on the California section of the PCT, kept me dry on the four times I needed
it, kept the bugs out the many times I needed it and held all my gear easily.

Great tent.  The negitives would be condensation, as in most single wall
tents, but it never was a severe problem, and noisy in high winds.

The pros easily beat the cons.  You learn to deal with them.

Sly