[pct-l] One more for the Road

 Here's one more for the road for you little deet hardheads. Marcia Mulkey of
the EPA office of pesticide programs says new labels will soon be on products
containing deet that claims " not safe for children " use on clothing but not
bare skin June 30, 1999. Two other warnings I dug up, New York Dept. of
Health says deet in general may cause skin reaction in adults but serious
neurlogical problems in children ranging from slurred speech and confusion to
seizures and coma. May 20.1991 Also Morbidity and Mortality Weekly report
Oct.6 1989 vol.36 No.39 by the Massachusetts Medical Society has alot to say
about this fine product. Pregnant women are strongly urged not to apply deet
to direct skin or inhale vapors. ( EPA- Bureau of toxic substances
(518-474-7354 )   So next time you put deet on your kids, you might as well
buy them a pack of " Lucky Strikes and a Fifth of Scotch " , It 's  just
about as good for them. ( so what if their speech is alittle slurred, I'm
sure it's  just temporary) As of yet, there are no " proven " long term
studies on deet in adults. I guess that means that deet is just " hunky dory"
to use then. Only children, pregnant women and injected rabbits need to be
concerned. ( kinda like Mr. Burns says all Nuclear Plants are ok on the
Simsons )  So dope up and enjoy, I'm sure deet offers no threat. HA HA HA!!!!