RE: [pct-l] Nifty Stove

Jene-Paul,

	I don't suppose steel wool would work as a wick, as you have the
fiberglass placed on the inside wall of the burn chamber, OR maybe it
would be okay in the middle.

Well, steel wool is quite flammable. In fact it makes a great fire starter.
Just create a spark across two leads of a battery and you've got a fire.
(Old Boy Scout trick.)

There maybe other sources to act as a wick, I don't know. So far I've only
invested a one and a half days coming up with this design. I'm already
planning on making some changes to the alcohol burner. If anyone else as a
suggestion for a wicking material, I'm all ears.

Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
Fallingwater Journals - www.fallingwater.com
Pacific Crest Trail Assoc. - www.pcta.org
American Long Distance Hikers Association - West -
www.gorp.com/nonprof/aldhaw