[pct-l] Deets Revenge

I read that Deet really does a number on a persons liver. ( goes through the
skin where it finally makes your liver work overtime) People who live in
Alaska and buy this stuff by the gallon are dropping like flies in their
fifties. ( liver cancer related to deet ) For the thru-hiker, a good week of
trail crust ( grime made of dirt, sweat, spilled oatmeal or anything else
that sticks to your skin ) seems to detour most of these little blood
suckers. The one thing to throw into your plans though is how good deet works
in repelling ticks. Up above Lake Chelan must be one of the biggest tick
habitats I know of in the spring. I carry a small bottle of whatever brand
with the highest deet% I can find. Put this on socks and pants to ward off
hitchhikers. I still dab some on my neck and face at peak bug season. My
view, take the deet if in spring tick areas but just buy a headnet and pray
for wind when dealing with just mosquitoes. P.S. Men do have an advantage
when it comes to mosquitoes over women just because of body hair ( face, arms
and maybe legs, but I don't know after seeing some of the gals legs here from
Evergreen State College ) Remember= Deet Kills