[pct-l] Re: DEET

Whoa! I'm reluctant to put anything on my skin that can melt nylon and is
detected in you urine within the hour. Somehow these two occurences should
not go together. But, I admit there are a few rare occasionas that my long
trusty hankercheif is just not fast enough (backcountry of Lassen, early
spring, '96) and I desperatly grasp for the DEET with a moan of terror. I
prefere to suffer some blood loss then dope it up with DEET, though. Anybody
got a reference or web site that provides the details on DEET use?
My vote for the ADZPCTKOP is for the last weekend in April. A quick look at
starting dates (not at all comprehensive though) shows most hikers starting
late April or first few days in May. Christmas is a good time to decide by
but shouldn't we consider the nature of the winter which decides ultimatly
when hikers will start, and thus a good time for the KOP. Either way I'll be
there ready to help out. Now if only I can find myself an RV...
--
Rusty "MyTie" Johnston
pctresearch@skyrocket.com