Re: [pct-l] KOP

Title: KOP
Tim and Ann,

I thought that I cancelled my work email from the list, but I'm still getting messages, so I guess I'll  go on to replying from here until it executes.

Your suggestions are good, except ADZPCTKOP is so unusual that it begs the exact questions and fulfills the exact requirements that you site!  ADZ stands for "Annual Day Zero".  So, Annual Day Zero Pacific Crest Trail Kick Off Party.  It is clear, not exactly concise, and after a couple of exposures to its rather long acronym, that I challenge anyone on the list to try pronouncing, it sticks with you rather well and kind of rolls off the tongue.  But if you want to shorten it to just KOP, that's fine with me.  I guess you can argue that "Day Zero" and "Kick Off" suggest nearly the same meaning.  So, how about AKOP = Annual Kick Off Party?

FWIW, Tom Reynolds came up with ADZPCTKOP.  It's HIS fault!!!!  :-)

Greg "Strider" Hummel