[pct-l] Logging quote on the PCT

On my PCT hike, I agreed to call my dad from every food drop to let him
know I was okay.  I didn't realize there were no phones in Kennedy
Meadows.  Not calling was not an option.  The friendly lady at the
Kennedy Meadows store arranged for me to ride down to Ridgecrest with a
logger (Matthew) headed that way.  Matthew was glad to have a captive
audience so he could rant about the environmentalists closing down all
the logging.  But he gave me a quote I'll always remember -

"Let's raise the price of toilet paper to a dollar a roll so we'll all
feel it in the ass."

This was 1979 and the price of toilet paper was something like 3 or 4
rolls for $1.00.  You could start any number of long philosophical
discussions on logging, economics, environmentalism, etc. with that
quote.
            Jeff Jones