RE: [pct-l] Clearcuts - a bit long winded.

At 04:30 PM 10/20/99 -0700, Ronald Moak wrote:
>  Hemp makes a
>great substitute fiber in many applications, as attested to the hemp ropes
>made and used during WWII. It has gotten a bad rep because of drugs.
>However, commercial hemp grown for fiber has too little active ingredient to
>cause much effect when smoked.

Back to my original point.

The original reason for outlawing marijuana was to make Hemp illegal to relieve the pressure on wood chip prices. It is still illegal to cultivate industrial hemp in the USA, even though there is no THC in it. Industrial hemp send "the wrong message" to America's Youth. It would shift economic incentive away from the politically powerful senators in the PNW.

The US Govermnent protecting our natural resources.

FWIW, the 4 worst environmental disasters west of the Mississippi are all subsidized by the Gov't

1)clear cut logging
2)heap leach mining
3)over grazing
4)water distribution.