[pct-l] Robert and Florian (sp?) at Rainy Pass, 15 October

Hi, PCT-L

I've been lurking for months.
Reporting today on a -beautiful- drive over the North Cascades Highway,
taking a friend who hadn't been over. Weather breaking up, supposed to be
glorious for at least the next three days. I'm packing to head out in the
morning, but wanted to note spotting two apparent distance hikers at the
Mazama Store & Deli (who else would be so skinny and unabashedly eating so
much? Not since seeing Alberto Salazar in an ice cream shop in Eugene years
ago...)

Was pleased to be able to provide Florian (sp?) of Sydney AUS and Robert (I
keep wanting to think his name was Thomas?) of Dayton Ohio a ride back up to
Rainy pass, Saw them heading North midafternoon.

They were in high spirits, understandably ambivalent about finishing, a joy
to meet and be able to offer a lift, and expecting to finish in another
three days.

Me, I've been wanting to find a week to make that trip. ;)
Obviously not up to through hiker speeds.

Thought I'd let you all know, they're still getting through. There was an
inch or two of snow on the ground at Rainy Pass.  Fall colors here just
peak.

-Erik