[pct-l] Foot Baggies

"Does any one know if there are 'foot baggies'
available to put on over your socks? --Jim B "

Jim,

There are footlets made of neoprene for kayakers.  I
know that there are so-called "waterproof socks" and I
just saw some new brand of them on sale at REI this
weekend.  You might check into it.

I never have met a long distance hiker who has such
success with "waterproof socks" or foot coverings of
any kind (the name makes me giggle), so I can't really
recommend anything.  My Asolo Goretex boots stay
completely waterproof for about 500 miles, then start
to leak.

Good luck,
Nocona
AT '98