[pct-l] Re: Version of guide

>I own PCT V.1, with a copyright of 1973, 77, 82, 89, 95.  Is there a
>later edition available?  Or just updates I can order from
>Wilderness Press?

Pete:
Sorry to take so long, getting back to you-- I've been out of the
state, for a few weeks.

You ARE correct-- the last full revision of Wilderness Press' PCT vol
1 was 1995. It actually had a bound-in "late errata" page at the end.
However, later versions had a 1996 supplement insert (loose), and
still-later versions had a 1997 supplement actually bound into the
end of the book-- I think, after the index. We then added another
loose insert for 1998. We didn't do one for 1999, because there
wasn't much new stuff. I am certain that I will have to do one for
2000, if only because of the SoCal fires that charred the trail.

Unless you're interested in the historical minutae, you only need the
most-recent book, and the most-recent supplement-- they are
cumulative.