Re: [pct-l] My first mesg

In a message dated 10/2/99 9:11:22 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
CharlieJones@aol.com writes:

<< What do you suppose the six Jeff's thought about a hiker who would rather
NOT
 be called by his given name? Perhaps, their thought was ...  "Why?"   My
opinion? To each his own. >>

I don't see why we should be be so formal to use both first and last names?

"Ya I camped with Charlie last night.  Which one?  Charlie Jones!  Which one,
the one from California or the one from NY?"

On a long distance trail, on where hikers run into each other more than
several times, I don't see why trail nicknames can't be adapted or adapted?
Not everyone wants a trailname, but when you run into six Jeffs  or  two
Charlies, it doesn't hurt for the others to figure just whom you're speaking
of.

Like "Sly,k the wise guy',  had to get off the trail cuz he ran out of dough"!

What's the big deal?