Re: [pct-l] Water and the desert

We carried 6 quarts each, on  2 occasions-- but then, the PCT desert
route was very different then, ('73) than it is now. We carried 4
quarts each on Hat Creek Rim, and 2 places in Oregon-- one around
Crater Lake; I don't remember the other-- maybe north of Santiam
Pass?). Otherwise, 1 quart max.
But, then, everything we did then is currently considered by every
expert on this list to be insane.