Re: [pct-l] light weight packs

No, actually I am responding based on thruhikers [more than 1 or 2, more
like 12-20] who have told me that they left with 2.5 gallons of water and
completely overloaded their suspension. What you are saying is "That was
dumb."

Brick, it is true that I have never [and never intend to] do a thru hike.
On the other hand I am responding based on a survey of thruhikers and not a
specific, personal perspective. I respect your personal perspective as
someone who is an expert hiker in ultra-super shape and has an intimate
knowledge of the trail.

I think the lesson here is "know the trail and don't carry more than you
need"

Tom