[pct-l] Fabric Source and Sharp Telmail

You can get 1.1 oz silicone coated nylon from Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics in
Nampa, ID (800-693-7467).  Be sure to ask for  silicone-coated because they
also stock 1.1 oz urethane-coated nylon that is actually much heavier than
1.1oz/sq yd.

Regarding the Sharp Telmail, I loved it.  I used lithium AA batteries which
made the whole unit weigh in at under 8 ozs.  Two sets of batteries lasted
the entire trip and I used the machine a lot - at least 1 hr/day - for
journaling.  My entire journal is still on the thing - about 60 pages - and
there's room left over.  I had some trouble connecting in the mtns of S. CA
because the phone lines are very noisy but otherwise it performed flawlessly.
 At $150 for the machine and $9.95/month for unlimited 800# service from
anywhere it's a bargain.  The unit is about the size of a checkbook but the
keys are large and after a day or two I learned to type much faster than I
can handwrite.

Henry