Re: [pct-l] Knees

Tom S. wrote:
All I can suggest is, do not let any one operate on your knees. I've heard too may horror stories and it probably isn't necessary. Go to see a chiropractor or sports oriented doctor.
There are times to operate and there are times to let heal.  Your advice to see a sports oriented doctor is good as they see more knee problems than any other kind of doctor and their patients are the type that want to go on using the knee.   Knee surgery has come a long way in a short time.  Although the horror stories stand out, there are a majority of less celebrated success stories that you don't hear about.

A knee that had completely torn ligaments so extensive that the knee would bend the wrong way without any resistance was reconstructed on one of my basketball buddies in college in the late '70's.  Within one year of the surgery he was starting on the team and doing 360 degree slam dunks!  Admittedly, I don't know the long term condition of the knee.

Greg "Strider" Hummel