Re: [pct-l] Kennedy Meadows Late -Early

Monte,

What about these new, plastic MSR snowshoes. I know you don't like new
stuff but these puppies have a metal edge on them [for traversing] and only
go about 3 pounds a pair even for substantial guys like me. I understand
the "go early" approach when the snow is hard. That's why I got Grivel
Grippers. However, the people I met in the Sierra last June were faced with
4 miles of soft snow AFTER they ascended Forrester. Yuk! What would you do,
camp?