Re: [pct-l] Re-introduction

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999 11:15:58 -0400 (EDT) BLISTERFREE@delphi.com writes:
> >>Did anyone else suffer from sore knees after his/her thruhike?  I
> can walk on > flat ground but jogging and/or uphill or downhill walking
is still
> too > painful.  How long until the soreness goes away?<<

I likewise experienced knee pain after my thru hike of the AT. It was not
a sharp pain, but more a dull aching pain that would flare up  when
walking down stairs or doing the trails in the local woods back in Rhode
Island. (OK..not exactly high elevation, but like most of New England-
much uneven, rocky ground.....my knees let me be aware of this fact! :D
).  Curiously, the knee pain went away after I redid the Long Trail in
Vermont this  past summer.

 As with Blisterfree, my load is a bit lighter now so that might have
something to do with it. Why the pain went away AFTER a hike of three
weeks, I do not know.

Maybe my body just needed to recover a bit, and it coincided with a hike
that took place almost one year after I finished my thru?