[pct-l] Re-introduction

Hi all,

I’m resuming the list after my successful PCT thruhuike, completed on Sept
13.  Thanks to all who offered advice willingly or unwittingly.  It helped my
planning and preparation immensely.

Did anyone else suffer from sore knees after his/her thruhike?  I can walk on
flat ground but jogging and/or uphill or downhill walking is still too
painful.  How long until the soreness goes away?

I’m deeply humbled by my PCT experience.  I don’t see how anyone who reached
Manning could feel otherwise. Everyday was a new challenge, every challenge a
new solution.  Their were moments of both great joy and profound anxiety.
Some days I felt like Superman in flight, other days I felt like Superman
with a Kryptonite pack.  In the end, I’m eternally grateful for the great
gift of life and for the love and support of family and friends.

As others did for me, I’d be happy to answer questions/offer advice for
future thruhikers.

Henry Shires
PCT ‘99
Thruhiker Journal