RE: [pct-l] iodine tablets

In my post, I was quoting other material that is posted on the web.
Unfortunately I've not been able to find any direct scientific studies of
iodine toxicity posted on the web. What is there only suggests a possible
problem with some people.

As will be stated in the soon to be published works, consuming iodine
treated water can deliver 30 to 80 or more times the daily requirement for
iodine. The amount depends upon the number of treated quarts of water
consumed along with the dosage of iodine used to purify the water.

I still use iodine and would probably continue to do so on a thru-hike.

I would like to like to get any additional information on this subject that
could be posted to the web.

Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
Fallingwater Journals - www.fallingwater.com
Pacific Crest Trail Assoc. - www.pcta.org
American Long Distance Hikers Association - West -
www.gorp.com/nonprof/aldhaw