[pct-l] FWD:BOUNCE Non-member submission from ["Beth Murdoch" <dorothea@jps.net>]

From: "Beth Murdoch" <dorothea@jps.net>
To: "Ronald Moak" <ronm@fallingwater.com>, <margepr@cyberhighway.net>,
        "Pct-l" <pct-l@backcountry.net>
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Iodine Tablets and Esbit Stoves
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 22:52:48 -0800

Here is a question about the fuel tablets:  I'm assuming that my army
surplus stove that burns tablets is the same as the esbit.  It uses tablets
made of "compressed Trioxane"".  What the heck is that?  Does it do harm to
a person's body to breathe the fumes?  I'd love to find out that it is
harmless, but may be overly optimistic.

Thanks,
Beth Murdock, Portland, OR