[pct-l] bears

Bears are like big mice...all they want is your food.
Just did my 2nd JMT thruhike during the high traffic month of Aug.   I know
about the infamous Cathedral Lakes bears from last year.  We set up a
dinnerless camp in the middle of it all.  There were 3 other camps set up
about 100 yards away in each direction.  I told them they were foolish for
cooking there.  Well, at dusk the fun began.  From about 8 until 3AM they
were yelling and banging all night to scare away the bears.  Yet, we lie
there all night...untouched.  We would watch as the bear walked back and
forth right infront of our 2man tent door.  One time he sat there, looked in,
and ran towards another tent.  He appeared to be having the time of his life
playing around with them.
What did we do with our food?  Wouldn't consider anything but sleeping with
my wonderful food!!
This year I stealthed away from that popular area at around 300 yards away.
The only annoying thing was the same as last year.  Could you campers be a
little quieter when you're yelling and screaming all  night at the bears....I
need my sleep!!  One guy was even blaring a radio!!!